School Nutrition Foundation Scholarships For over 30 years, the School Nutrition Foundation (SNF) has been raising funds to provide SNA members the opportunity to achieve their higher education goals through a wide variety of scholarships. To date, SNF has awarded members over $2 million in scholarships.School Nutrition Association of North Carolina ScholarshipsDownload Application for SNA of North Carolina Scholarship (see scholarships below)The School Nutrition Association of North Carolina awards two (2) $500 scholarships. The scholarship guidelines are shown below.QualificationsApplicant must:
- Be a SNA-NC member and a School Nutrition Employee.
- Be enrolled in, or enrolling in, a college food service related, degreed program.
- Agree to return any unused portion of the scholarship at the end of the year.
Instructions for Completing Application
- Complete scholarship application.
- Submit an up-to-date transcript of all academic work.
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation should be from former or current instructors, former or current employers and an individual from the applicant's home community.
- Include a letter stating why you desire a scholarship.
- Submit two (2) copies of application and all related documents by May 1 to the Leadership Development/Awards Chair.
The Award/Nominations Chair for 2019-2020 is:
Bladen County Schools
483 Waterfall Lane
Whiteville, NC 28472
910-862-4559 [email protected]
- Scholarships are granted for an academic year.
- A scholarship recipient may apply for a scholarship in succeeding years.
- Winners will be announced at the SNA-NC annual meeting in June each year.
- Scholarship payments will be made directly to the college/university.
- Board of Directors members are not eligible to apply for or receive a SNA-NC Scholarship while they are serving on the board.
SNA Award WinnersView a list of the 2019 regional and national award winners, as well as previous national winners.Nominations are due online or to the Leadership Development/Awards Chair by March 1, 2019. Find out more and nominate someone you know at www.schoolnutrition.org/awards.